top of page

for the

Sources of Advice 

It is advisable to seek help with financial matters and legal advice to help with planning for the future.

Citizens’ Advice Bureau
0344 411 1444                                                                  


The Citizens’ Advice telephone line offers general advice and support and there is a wealth of information online at 


Local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB)                                                   

CAB have offices in High Wycombe and Henley. The High Wycombe office have had sessions in Marlow, but all offices are presently closed due to COVID. The High Wycombe Office is 0344 245 1289 and Henley office is 08008 278 7907. There is a wealth of information about Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payments on the web site, as well as many other subjects. The forms are complicated, and they can be done on someone’s behalf.


CAB will offer to help complete the Attendance Allowance and Personal Independence Payment applications and also complete a full benefits check-up to see if you are entitled to any other benefits.


Owl Guardian Services Ltd       

01296 330054              


This company offer support to people who may be unwell or struggling to manage their affairs, but have full capacity to appoint an attorney.  They offer General Powers of Attorney and Lasting Powers of attorney.  They also offer financial and property expertise for both investments and day-to-day running of your home and care provision.  Owl Guardian Services will also ensure that your income is maximised by claiming all the benefits to which you are entitled. 


Claire Edwards, Eldercare Consultant  

07415 387129               

Claire offers advice on selecting appropriate care, establishing eligibility for financial support, advising on the role of NHS and Social Services.  Contact Claire direct for her fee structure.

bottom of page